Program Assistant Volunteers
The Varley Art Gallery offers many hands-on art classes and camps for the community to experience art. These classes are engaging, inspirational and educational in nature, and allow our students to deepen their appreciation and understanding of Canadian art as well as to explore their passion in art.
These classes are available for children (4-12 years old), teenagers (13-16 years old) and adults based on the following schedule:
- Winter program (January – March)
- March Break Camp for children (mid-March)
- Spring program (March – June)
- Summer Camp for children (July – August)
- Fall program (September – December)
- Winter Break Camp for children (end of December – early January)
- Birthday parties and other holiday events
Our Program Assistants are needed to help our instructors with children’s programs and birthday parties.
As a Program Assistant, your responsibilities may involve:
- Setting up and closing down classrooms
- Preparing material and equipment required for class
- Assisting children with their artwork during class
If you have a passion for art and enjoy working with children, then you may wish to volunteer as a Program Assistant. Contact Francesca Dauphinais at email@example.com / 905-477-7000 ext.3264 or visit www.markham.ca.volunteering.
Connect with us: